Get help with your broken stuff and learn valuable repair skills at free Fix-It Clinics.
Fix-It Clinics offer free, guided assistance from volunteers with repair skills to disassemble, troubleshoot, and (hopefully) fix small household appliances, clothing, electronics, mobile devices and more. Fix-It Clinics teach valuable troubleshooting and basic repair skills, build community connections and reduce the number of repairable items that are thrown in the trash.
Our next Fix-It Clinic is Thursday, May 27th at 6:00 pm
Now available: Virtual repair assistance
We look forward to holding in-person Fix-It Clinics again when we can, but in the meantime, we are offering group virtual repair sessions via Zoom with our Fix-It Clinic volunteers.
How it works
If you are interested in being a coach, to help people repair household items, please complete our form HERE
If you have an item that needs to be repaired, please fill out the form HERE. Please only submit one item for repair.
- We will review your form and respond within four business days to provide general advice and discuss next steps
- We will host a virtual Fix-It Clinics via Zoom on Thursday, May 27th at 6:00 pm
What you need
You will need a laptop, tablet or phone, and Internet connection that allows for video conferencing. It's helpful to have a second person in your household helping you aim the camera and help with disassembly and repairs.
Some common tools you may need include:
- Phillips and standard screwdrivers
- Needle nose and regular pliers
- Soldering iron and solder
- Basic voltmeter and wires to measure AC and DC voltage and resistance (if your item is electrical and not working)