NMRC's Annual Meeting & Recycling Training
June 7, 2017 8:30-4:00
Albuquerque Museum (2000 Mountain NW), Ventana Salon
$100 members, $175 non-members (lunch provided)
($25 discount for groups of 3 or more from same community/entity)
6 CEU Credits Available
This is your chance in 2017 to gather with your recycling and composting peers, learn about best practices in recycling and get inspired to help New Mexico to value waste as a resource. REGISTER TODAY!
The day will include presenting the 2017 Recycling Awards. Nominations for the 2017 awards are now open through May 12th. Learn more and make a nomination HERE.
Join your recycling and composting peers to learn about the following exciting topics:
- Waste Diversion in New Mexico - Neal Denton, New Mexico Environment Department: Solid Waste Bureau
- Update on Rural Recycling in New Mexico - 5 Years of Hub and Spoke - Sarah Pierpont, NMRC
- Los Alamos County’s Road Map for Curbside Brush Collections - Angelica Gurule, Environmental Services Manager & John Bliss, Los Alamos County - Environmental Sustainability Board Chair
- Glass Recycling Options, Processing and Markets: Santa Fe and Las Cruces Case Studies - Danita Boettner, Santa Fe Solid Waste Management Agency & Keysha Burton, South Central Solid Waste Authority
- Silver City’s Upgraded Collection Program - Terry Timme, Planner, Recycling and Special Projects, Town of Silver City Office of Sustainability
- A Meeting of Minds: Solid Waste Managers Panel Discussion – Randall Kippenbrock, Santa Fe Solid Waste Management Agency, Billy Moore (pending confirmation), North West New Mexico Regional Solid Waste Authority, Jill Holbert, City of Albuquerque Solid Waste Department and Lonnie Duncan (pending confirmation), Operations Manager San Juan Landfill/Four Corners Regional EcoCenter Waste Management
ALL PROFESSIONALS INVITED!! You do not have to be a NMRC member to attend!
6 CEU credits towards NMED Recertification and towards National Recertification will be offered.
Stay tuned for information on an informal "Recyclers Night Out" on June 6th.
Click HERE to register